1/18/2011

The Ahn Joo Stew

Had some Ahn Joo for lunch recently, a Korean pub grub inspired food truck. The menu is similar to when chef/owner Debbie Lee did a pop up restaurant at Bread Bar on West Third last year, you can see my blog post about it here. The food/menu seems well suited in truck form, both in terms of portion and price.
Ahn Joo

I decided to try something new and got the special, hangover stew with spicy pork, egg fried rice and crispy potatoes. Even though its called a stew, it wasn't really that stew like. I think I was expecting something on the soupy side, which this wasn't. Bowl of fried rice with a good portion of pork on top and potatoes on the side. It was still really great, just not quite what I thought it would be. The pork was fairly tender and pulled apart easily, the sauce was pretty spicy and flavorful, definitely broke a sweat. There was enough rice and crispy potatoes (which were both great btw) to balance it out. Very much enjoyed the meal and it really filled me up, great on a cold day.

Ahn Joo

I definitely recommend checking them out. You can find out more info on their website here and you can follow them on Twitter here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails